Saturday, January 1, 2011

you got your head in the clouds

There's only 3 things every girl needs: Love to make her weak, alcohol to make her strong & best friends when both make her hit the floor.
It's funny how one summer can change everything. It must be something about the heat and the smell of chlorine, fresh cut grass and honeysuckle, asphalt sizzling after late-day thunderstorms, the steam rising while everything drips around it. Something about long, lazy days and whirring air conditioners and bright plastic flip-flops thwacking down the street. Something about fall being so close, another year, another Christmas, another beginning. So much in one summer, stirring up like the storms that crest at the end of each day, blowing out all the heat and dirt to leave everything gasping and cool. Everyone can reach back to one summer and lay a finger on it, finding the exact point where everything changed. This summer would be mine.
Here's to partying, making friends, finding love, having fun, being happy, making mistakes that I won't learn from, being a kid, and letting go of all the drama. Here's to not worrying about school and just having the time of my life.
Now my tears are dry, baby you can see my brown eyes *
I guess what makes me different from most girls is that I'm not the type to squeal all over you and I don't ask for your attention at all times. I know what I want and I know how to get it but I don't hurt people along the way. I can be a bitch but I don't like to be and I hate when people call me one. I guess you can say I'm complicated, but I'd rather be difficult than easy any day. I can be hard to figure out at times but if you know me, I'm not that much of a confusing person. So why don't you actually open up your heart instead of just your eyes and take a look at me, then tell me that you love me.
partying like crazy, you know the drill, tanning all day, nights dressed to kill, nothing is going to replace these days
of course she`s gonna say she`s happy for you,
and flash that famous smile. but look deep into
those brown eyes. baby, you broke her.
you did what you do best, you left.
-ghosts of girlfriends past
At first you think it’s great you’re talking to him again, but then you start talking about things that happened before, bringing back old memories, and then you realize how much you really miss him and you get to thinking you really want him back, but you remember he doesn’t need you like you need him, and it hurts.
High school changes people. Some for the better, some for the worst. But if one thing is true; you find out who your real friends are.
so make me laugh like you're so good at doing. pull me to the top of the world, and maybe, for a minute, i won't worry about falling
People said I've changed so much. Well here's the honest truth, I grew up. I stopped letting people push me around. I learned that you can always be happy. I accepted reality.
Throw your arms up in the air, scream until your lungs burst. Here's to another adrenaline rush kicking in
Fuck the, "he won't know what he has until it's gone," bullshit. I want a kid that's gonna know what he has when he has it. Not when it's too late.
everybody gets to the point of i don't give a fuck.
-eminem
Why is it that just when you get things together, you hear from the one person who could pull it all apart
-lauren conrad
But that summer had a way of making her smile, making her happier. It was sort of amazing how for those three months, she always believed in herself & all that she could be.
cause i'm like hey i don't care whenever there's a party i'm the first one with a drink the air*
It doesnt matter how long you've known him, if hes kept you smiling since day one, dont lose him
Whatever you do, good or bad, people will always have something to say.
"Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they're gone."
No one has the right to judge us, because
no one really knows what we've been through.
They may have heard about our stories,
but they never felt what we felt.
Here's to the fast times; the times we felt alive;
to all the nights that we forgot to get back home.
- all time low
I love that I'm able to make you nervous. I love the cute little things that happen between us when we're together. How we're both constantly sneaking glances and when we meet each others eyes it's like the feelings are trying to scream from inside of us. And most importantly I love how the smiles on our faces are so effortless I sometimes don't even realise how hard I'm smiling, and permanent the entire time we're with each other.
The problem with time, I've learned, whether it's those first two weeks I got to spend with you, or the final two months I got to spend with him, eventually time always runs out. I have no idea where you are out there in the world. But I understand that I lost the right to know these things long ago. No matter how many years go by, I know one thing to be as true as ever was - I'll see you soon then
- dearjohn
Here's to the shit we talk, the boys we stalk, the laughs we can't stop. The gossip we spill and the looks that could kill. We'll stay together, all through the years… best friends forever
Everyone in the world could be screaming at me, telling me that I could do better and I wouldn't care.
you cannot imagine the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
i couldn't tell you why we are best friends. you really wouldn't understand the explanation. it’s full of too many insiders and made up words it's full of too much care & too many tears, too many laughsand too many blonde moments. and i don’t think I’ll ever be able to giveyouanybetterreason except that she's always been there.
There are some things that I'll never understand. I'll never understand the goosebumps I get when first stepping into hot water. I'll never understand the dreams I have with strangers in them, people I've never met or seen. I'll never understand how a person can keep going back to the ones who hurt them. But what I do understand is that once we actually understand everything, the world loses its shine.
(774):
i just walked into a room at this party and someone yelled "dibs!"
It`s the friend that stuck by you through everything that matters, the one that you have known your whole life, or just a year & yet you feel connected to them in a completely different way then anyone else around you. At most times, they feel like your family then your real one. They understand that the world can be a tough place, & they let you cry when bad things happen but they always manage to make you smile again. It`s the friend that you call at 5am because you fought with some stupid boy & she'll help you plot revenge against him even though she doesn`t even know him. They give you that extra energy to smile because you know that they`re right beside you whenever you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment