Thursday, January 27, 2011

good weed, white wine i come alive in the night time

It's like a routine. I fall for you on Monday. I like you from Tuesday to Thursday. You make me mad on Friday. I think I'm over you over the weekend. But the second I see you on Monday morning, I fall for you all over again.
Keep your head high and your middle finger higher.
And when all those girls that are cute and catch your eye really break your heart, she'll be there. When all those potential dates fall out, look for the girl that was always up for staying in friday nights to be with you. When you finally realize that the girls you are attracted to aren't the girl that you want to tell everything to, send her a message. She'll be waiting, I promise.
So here’s to teenage romance and never knowing why it hurts like hell.
I’m the type of girl who will fall for a guy she barely knows, who will listen to a love song and see his face, who will look for him wherever she goes. I’m the type of girl who doesn’t get over things easily, who will beat herself up when someone doesn’t love her back, who will cry herself to sleep because she feels she’s not good enough. But I’m also the type of girl who’s strong, who can cry her eyes out then forbid them to come back the next morning, who will blast some old pop song and sing at the top of her lungs because she feels like it, who will be no one but herself.
If you act like you don't care, maybe they will start to.
she was a girl who never played games, and acted confident when she could barely stand looking in the mirror. she didn't gloat her achievements, or tell of them even though she had many. she lived in mistakes, in past regrets, and she's just beginning to realize that sometimes, you can't change things. that you can't go back in the past and sometimes, you just have to move on because life's too short to dwell on the unchangeable.
please be patient with me. i’m so afraid to care about someone. i know it seems like i’m this strong girl who can get through everything, but inside, i’m very fragile. i’ve had so many things thrown at me & each one has only made a crack. now i’m afraid i’m going to shatter.
the thing about life that i’ve learned is that you’re going to get hurt. you’re going to have emotional nights and cry yourself to sleep for hours. you’re going to suffer some kind of loss. but you will also have those moments where you heal. those moments are the best. you feel like you smile for the first time again. you feel like you’re alive again. life just kind of restarts.
i'm willing to give you my whole heart & trust you. don't take this priviledge lightly. trust is a word i actually hate, it scares me because when you say you trust someone, you're giving them the power to learn your true self. they know all your faults, your flaws, and scares. they know everything about who you are as a person, everything that you've worked so hard, so intensly to conceal is now in the open & they have that power, they can do anything to hurt you.
people ask me who i am. the answer? i don’t really know. a few years ago, i would have said that I was a girl who loved life. a few months ago, i would have said i was a girl who loved a boy with everything she had. now, i guess you could say i’ve been through a lot and i’ve been broken in too many places and too many ways. i guess you could say i’m just trying to find my place.
be the girl who’s pretty, confident and happy. be the one who doesn’t care about what other people think of her. the one who anyone can talk shit about but it won’t phase her. because no matter what people say about her, she’ll still have the biggest smile on her face because she knows that her haters would love to break her, but she also knows they never will.
we have the fuck-you attitudes, the party-hard personalities, and honestly we don't care if we mean a damn thing to you.
I don't get attached. I don't want a relationship unless you can prove to me you're not all the same. No, your words don't mean shit to me. No, I don't trust you. No, I don't believe you. Promises are nothing but empty words to me. I know I'm not your one and only so don't tell me I am. No, my smile doesn't make your day. No, my laughter isn't music to your ears. No, I'm not too good to be true so start with the truth. If I'm what you want, tell me why and tell me often. Tell me you love me, but only if you mean it.
Forgive me because I am sensitive and unsure. Forgive me because I needed you to say something and you didn't say anything.
I look back and I'm far from the girl I used to be, don't care what anyone says, I'ma take pride in that.
No, I shouldn't like him. Because I know it's not working, so I convince myself I don't. And then I see him and he'll smile, and put his arm around me or just say anything, and then all that logic and convincing myself evaporates.
You will always be a part of my life. A happy memory, a good laugh, a tear or two. I won't forget you.
I know I sort of pushed you away. But even if I hadn't done that, I doubt you would have stayed.
I remember every word you said, okay? I'm not naive and I'm not stupid. I've been broken before. I can deal with it. I'm not scared of moving on with my life.
I’m learning not to sweat the small stuff. This year has been about finding strength in myself, not looking to others for it.
This life of mine has it's flaws, but it's the only one I got. I'm going to hold my head high, look on the bright side, and smile even when I want to cry. Because I'm not letting anyone or anything bring me down.
That’s the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.
I found what I was looking for. It wasn't a boy, and it wasn't love. I found me. And that's all I need right now.
It’s not that I’m mad at you. I had just wished and hoped so hard that you could be the one thing I could finally count on.
I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy. I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry. I’m going to let you go with style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.
And I honestly wonder when I look at you, if you know what I'm thinking. If you know what I'm feeling when your eyes meet mine. And I honestly wonder if you're feeling something, too. Every single time.
You're all I want. And there's times where I will openly admit that, but then there's times where I hide behind my feelings for other guys and say that it was a mistake to care about you when you obviously you didn't care for me. And I know that's wrong. It's wrong because you weren't a mistake, as much as I'd like to think, and as much as others would like me to think. And you taught me an extremely important lesson: "Don't give your heart away."
It’s funny how you think you actually mean something to someone, and they just turn around and prove you wrong.
Because in every relationship there comes a point when the damage is too much and no matter how good it once was, the memories can't sustain you. You have to save yourself knowing all the while it will hurt like hell. Because you can't keep giving someone everything if you get nothing in return.
Because you're young, you're torn between a world of hate and a world of dreams. So much to lose, so much to gain, so much to fight for, so much to change.
Fuck the drama, fuck the hate, you only get one life so might as well take the time to appreciate.
Sometimes when I look at you, and you're looking back at me, I can see something. This teeny tiny hint of something more, something you're feeling but can't say. When our eyes meet, it's like were instantly connected, And I know no one catches it but me and you, but I like it that way. It's like our own little secret, a place we go to when everything around us is crazy and we just need some semblance of normal. God, your eyes are gorgeous. There are times when I want nothing more than to look you in the eyes, 'cause it’s when we’re looking at each other in silence that we end up saying the most.
There are two ways to get everyone to hate you.
Either do something really wrong, or do something really right.
You might be thinking, "when he looks at me, I bet he doesn't feel a thing," But, do any of us really know that? He could be looking at you and wishing you two didn't mess things up. He could still care about you, you just don't want to believe it because the way he acts around you. Ignoring you, not looking you in the eye. Maybe he is really the one who would want you in his life, maybe not as much, but it's better than nothing at all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment